Date: Jun 25, 2020
Location: Pune, IN, 411057
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The LC Technical Investigator will support the operation and continued improvement of the Call Home SaaS solutions –utilised by the License Compliance (LC) team to pursue and manage software piracy cases– and support the analysis the software piracy information in these solutions to create new LC cases. This role supports quota-carrying LC Specialists and, therefore, is considered a sales contributor.
- Support the LC Investigators to analyse software piracy data in the Call Home solutions to create new LC cases and develop existing ones. This requires strong networking skills and a good understanding of how operating systems, software applications and the Internet infrastructure and protocols work. The LC Technical Investigator will handle confidential data that might be used in civil or criminal cases around the world
- Manage the technical relationship with the Call Home vendors and the systems engineers of the LC 3rd-party suppliers, including managing enhancement requests and configuration changes to completion, relying complex queries to the Call Home vendors, and troubleshooting LC data collection, etc.
- Monitor the Internet, including BitTorrent to identify, download and catalogue new Ansys license cracks, and maintain a database of Pirate Author IDs and binary hashes
- Work with all the internal stakeholders, including Legal, Sales Management, Finance, Channels, etc. to maintain compliance with local regulations and policies, including Data Protection, and/or to implement changes to the Call Home solutions to comply with regulatory and product roadmap changes, local policies and go to market strategy, etc.
- Improve the match rate (of the computers detected by the call home solution to the infringing organisation) by coordinating multiple data augmentation projects with internal and external stakeholders, including IT, the CRM team, the Call Home software vendors, etc.
- Support the Legal team to analyse, catalogue and/or take down online pirate software sites and repositories
- Work closely with product management to support and address queries related to the integration of the SaaS vendor’s antipiracy (call home) SDKs in the ANSYS solutions, track false positives and pirate signatures, troubleshot and mitigate the impact of software defects on the call home data and cases, etc.
- Experience with network and Internet infrastructure, including how TCP/IP and how the Internet works; working experience with Windows and Linux internals and virtualization
- Good understanding of Cybersecurity processes and tools. The ideal candidate should be able to handle -in a secure environment- instances of pirate software that might be infected with viruses and trojans
- CISSP, CISM or CISA certifications would be beneficial
- Previous experience working with Call Home solutions (software piracy detection) and/or Software Asset/Licensing Management solutions
- Strong interpersonal, networking and presentation skills. The role requires working with several internal and external stakeholders and gaining internal support for new initiatives
- BSc in Computer Systems, Computer Networks, Cybersecurity, or a relevant engineering degree
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.