Job Title : Commodity Buyer – International Market Group
Experience : 3-5yrs
Qualification : BE/MBA
Develops and execute negotiation strategies to deliver Program targets on tooling and piece price.
Proactive planning of activities to meet/beat Matched Pair objectives.
Total Value Management
Negotiate and achieve YOY / MYA cost reductions through development & utilization of analytical tools to deliver Best-In-Class pricing. Lead negotiations with regional suppliers and represent IMG in global negotiations
Champion Lean / Value Engineering projects with suppliers and bring value chain benefits to Ford
Lead / Support CFT in development of sustainable supply base with leadership in Quality, Delivery & costing
Drive for the localization and cost saving for the affected markets to meet the market regulations
Identification of High-risk suppliers and develop action plan to mitigate risk
Effective participant in Global commodity meetings to bring value to IMG by leveraging global / regional programs with global suppliers to meet our both TVM and Program objectives
Formulate Regional commodity strategy for near and long business term and effective infusion of the same in Global commodity business plan
Be proactive & actively engage in group projects displaying we than I , team dynamics & behavior.
Area of professional exposure (Functional/Technical skills
- Excellent research, data mining, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good Presentation & Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to understand cost drivers and achieve desired cost structures
- Good Manufacturing Process knowledge of various commodities
- Able to lead structured supplier meetings and drive desired outcome
- Be an excellent negotiator, drive creative solutions & self-starter.
- Keep up commitments on time; Be Proactive and question logically
- Willing to learn / teach and share experience with team member
- Comprehensive knowledge of various commodities
- Automotive purchasing experience (plus)
- Good Financial acumen – ability to read P&L & Balance sheets. Good in Supplier risk Management strategies, exposure to value stream mapping & logistics.
- Good supplier relationship management skills, break the barrier, out of box thinker & “makes things happen”- cite instances.
- Strong leadership potential in a cross-functional multi-cultural organization.
- Integrity, commitment to delivery, ability to prioritize and juggle conflicting priorities, team work, effective consultation & relationship building skills.
- Manufacturing Process knowledge, Negotiation, Project Management and GPDS Skills