Position : Engineering Expert
- Defines and maintains knowledge about how systems are related and ensuring that dependencies are understood and handled accordingly. Develops operational models that will ensure efficient use of resources and the appropriate level of performance.
- Ensures that the Windows infrastructure is configured to be effectively managed given the organization’s technology architecture, available skills and tools. Ensures the consistent and reliable performance of the infrastructure to deliver the required level of service to the business.
- Defines all tasks required to handle the infrastructure and ensuring that these tasks are performed Problem Analyst: The Problem Analyst provides incident and problem analytical support in support of resolution, follow up and prevention thereof. Reviews incident data to analyze assigned problems.
- Investigates assigned problems through to resolution or root cause. ,Coordinates the actions of others as vital to assist with the analysis and resolution actions for problems and known errors. Monitors progress on the resolution of known errors and advising incident management staff on the best available workaround for incidents.
- Updates the known error database (KEDB) with new or updates known errors and workarounds. Assists with the handling of major incidents and identifying their root causes. Enables efficient design and deployment of organizational change in relation to service transition. Maintains the change schedule and projected service outage.
- Coordinates interfaces between organizational change and other processes – especially service asset and configuration management and release and deployment management. Authorizes and documents all changes in the IT Infrastructure and its components (Configuration Items), in order to maintain a minimum amount of interruptive effects upon the running operation.
- 6 – 10 years of experience in Windows Server Engineering and design. Experience of working in a GxP/SOX qualified environment is good to have
- Experience of working with multi-functional and global teams including off-shore teams Understanding of networking and security principles Knowledge of virtualization and cloud concepts
- Knowledge of Agile methodology Knowledge of ITIL processes, Deep knowledge of Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019,
- Knowledge of supporting infrastructure such as, but not limited to, WINS, DNS, Active Directory, Clustering. deployment processes using MDT and SCCM., Knowledge of VMware
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
- Information Technology