Position : Performance Engineering
What the person would do here (Job Duties):
- Enable engineering to scale effectively by making informed trade offs around cost, latency and other performance constraints.
- Develop tools and apps that can be used to profile systems and reads the depth of core technology.
- Conduct deep-dives on product design and architecture, in collaboration with various Engineering teams, driving cost optimization initiatives and having a direct impact on product development.
- Identify and debug bottlenecks to improve end-user experience and evaluate efficient technological changes to reduce resource consumption and request latency.
- Help determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers optimizing memory/CPU/system stability characteristics through focused tuning and design applicable performance ratchets.
- Build observability and nudging to proactively inform people about regression trends in latency, develop performance and capacity-related assessments and experiments for bench-marking.
What skills a person should carry:
- Strong knowledge on SQL tuning and Database Administration (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, NOSQL – Cassandra, MongoDB, Apache Ignite).
- Developed data analysis tools or visualization of real world application and network performance.
- A rich experience with scalable distributed systems, systems architecture, Performance analysis and tuning of web-based applications at scale.
- Experience debugging complex problems across the whole stack.
- Prior experience of building Apps & Tools.
Engineering Information Technology
Information Technology and Services