Senior BizOps Engineer-1 – Mastercard
Position : Senior BizOps Engineer
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
- Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- Experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is desired.
- Financial Services
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology