Position : Automotive Engine Room Plastic Parts (D&D)
Educational Qualification: BE / BTECH / DIPLOMA
Experience (in years): 10-15 years’ experience
Nature of Experience: Automotive Engine Room Plastic Parts (Oil Pan, Cover Valve / Cylinder head cover, Air Intake Manifold etc.)
Position Title: Manager
1. Responsible to execute and deliver the design for Auto Plastic components (Engine room light weighting objective) like Oil Pan, Cover Valve, Cylinder Head Covers, Air Intake Manifold etc.
2. Responsible for benchmarking, concept design, packaging & integration, part design considering QCDF targets
3. Responsible to support customer in application engineering of the products
4. Responsible for appropriate material selection in order to meet the specification given by customer
5. Responsible for all phased design releases, BOM, DFMEA, Proto build, DV/PV, & technical issue resolution
6. Responsible for decision making for the virtual simulation and physical validation requirements
7. Liasioning with FEA engineering team to get the simulation done and optimize the design work
8. Liasioning with customer to get the design review & approval done on the concept, proto & production design
9. Ensure the design meets all the SOR requirement, company design guidelines and best practices
10. Ensure support to the development of the product, participates in tooling design review, assembly line concept review and other product setup reviews in an effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
11. Ensure timely analysis of the build issue and resolving them through scientific problem solving techniques
12. Participate in technical competency upgrade of the engineering team through collaborating our group companies, internal trainings, design manual documentation, lesson learnt documentation etc.
13. Represent the business unit engineering at customer meetings
14. Supports our group company projects in India & Europe (as and when assigned)
15. Supports Engineering leader in market trend benchmarking, customer perception capturing and formulating futuristic strategies for Automotive Plastic business pertaining to engine room light weighting
16. Supports R&D and Innovation projects for alternate material development
17. Ensure that housekeeping, health, safety and hygiene standards are maintained as per the guidelines.