Job Position: Structural Design Engineer – Airframe
Experience: 03 – 05 years
Airframe team at Airbus India is looking for a Design Engineer to join the Structural Design team in Airbus India, Bangalore.
Job scope (Tasks & accountabilities):
Performing activities involving generative shape & surface design, detailed design of machined, sheet metal, composite parts and conceptual designs for Research & Technology projects.
- Overall design of Commercial aircraft and Helicopter components using design, tolerancing, basic stress, manufacturability and composite materials knowledge
- Design and management of wireframe and complex surface of aircrafts
- Design of lofts / Innovative surface design solutions, complex surface and shape arrangements
- Design of Shapes for Manufacturing / Tooling and quality assurance
- Design of Surface & Reverse Engineering: Aerodynamic surface generation (single curved, double curved and freestyle shape geometry up to complex surface)
- Design of metallic and composite structures for test and repair
- Generation of associated 2D drawing and associated information (e.g. BOM) within VPM
- Conceptual design skills, iterative designs and development of solutions
- Transfer of 3D installation and architecture studies into detailed serial 3D models
- Installation studies, tooling studies and Implementation of opportunities (e.g. weight saving)
Catia V5 R21, Composite Design Workbench (CPD), Airbus PDM and VPM tools like A350 PDM Link SSCI, A350 VPM, EPD-connect, Gilda and configuration management.
Required Domain Expertise (skills):
Graduate / Post Graduate Engineer (Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering)
- Experienced in Master geometry, knowing aircraft / Helicopter structure in detail, having 3D modelling and design background on aero structures. Good understanding of surface quality requirements for manufacturing process like layup and tooling, awareness of curve parameters and mathematical background of curve generation. Exposure to manufacturing of aero components and hands on experience on installation and retrofit solutions.
- Ability to work independently & in a team in a transnational environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral, written & presentation)
- Flexibility & adaptability
Airbus is an international reference in the aerospace sector. We design, manufacture and deliver industry-leading commercial aircraft, helicopters, military transports, satellites and launch vehicles, as well as providing data services, navigation, secure communications, urban mobility and other solutions for customers on a global scale.
With a forward-looking strategy based on cutting-edge technologies, digital and scientific excellence, we aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.