Design Engineer – Lower Front , CAB
Lower Front is part of Cab Engineering within UD Trucks Technology, responsible for developing systems and components connected to the Lower Front area.
We are looking for a Design Engineer – Lower Front .
Design, develop & ver ify Lower Front and Exterior Systems in Cab Engineering for UD products.
- Design and Develop components in alignment with the cross functional team during product development phase & later in maintenance related to Lower Front area with in Cab.
- Responsible for maintenance of Lower Front area for UD products.
- Support to create product roadmap for our UD Products along with feature leader.
- Create Engineering drawings, technical requirements, product structure and release them to production.
- Develop Lower Front area and Protection systems within UDTT by closely cooperate with suppliers, purchasing, manufacturing, testing, aftermarket etc. both locally and globally.
- Support to create V&V plan for Lower Front and Exterior Systems in CAB .
- Responsible to meet t he legal demands in Front Protection systems for different countries.
- Follow up quality status, Quality cases and partic ipate in design reviews; to work on root cause analysis, risk analysis and FMEAs.
- Take part in supplier discussions, initiate and lead method / preparation meetings and be responsible for documentation of these.
- Utilize existing engineering tools and methods / processes proficiently and to follow general and DVP processes. Also to, when relevant, develop new in-house tools in order to improve the engineering process.
- Establish and maintain a global network within knowledge area.
- Maintain an awareness of important technological developments both within and outside the concerned technology areas. Capture and reuse knowledge in specific technical area.
- Identify and implement best practice engineering processes.
- BE/B Tech/ME/M Tech in Mechanical Engineering with more than 4 years of experience.
- Should have excellent Cad skills (CATIA V5) for concept creation.
- Solid Hands on experience in development of sheet metal and plastic parts .
- Should have knowledge of Plastic Components manufacturing.
- Should be good in compiling and presenting information verbally and in writing.
- Should have knowledge of Global standards for different markets.
- Innovative and creative mind-set to provide engineering solutions and concepts.
- Should be enthusiastic to learn new technologies related to automotive and Truck systems and implement in relevant projects.
- Knowledge on Pro-act ive and Re-active Quality Tools will be an advantage.
- Have an open multi-cultural mind-set
- Be a network builder and have good communication skills
- Be business and customer oriented
- Ability to drive for results and set priorities with a high level of initiative and autonomy.
- Should be enthusiastic to learn new technologies
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
UD Trucks is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.