Society for innovation and Development
Position :Embedded Software Engineer
- Design, Implementation, Testing and Debugging interface electronics for sensor and actuator interfacing and control
- Design of experiments to test and validate functioning and identify area of improvement
- Configuring systems for different test cases and executing them
- Data capturing and documenting for further analysis
- Create tools of automating debugging, testing, and configuration by making the best use of latest technologies available
- Do desk and field research to generate and validate requirements
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate the final product’s overall performance, reliability, and safety
- Alter and modify the design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Estimate the budget and scope of the project
- Track and report prototyping and other costs/payables
- Solicit observations from operators and users
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Prepare project plans in consultation with stakeholders to work towards executing the same.
- Coordinating all communications with regards to the new product development projects.
- Design and implement best practices in new product development and process and prototype testing, vendor qualification, sourcing of components/subsystems, etc.
- Understand and develop plans towards commercializing the output of research and product development
- Providing technical assistant on solving research and electronics manufacturing problems
- Write and submit reports to top management on all matters of importance.
- Facilitate and manage the resources made available to associates
- Manage the relationship with team and management
9+ years of product development in mechatronic-embedded design and development
B.Tech/BE/ME/M.Tech in Embedded Systems Engineering from a reputed university.
B.Tech/BE/ME/M.Tech in Electronics/Electronics & Communication Engineering
B.Tech/BE/ME/M.Tech in Mechatronics/Computer Science & Engineering with considerable embedded development experience from a reputed university.
- Familiarity with Intel, PIC, AVR & ARM microcontrollers & their design tools.
- Familiarity of data acquisition systems.
- High level of expertise in C, C++ and other embedded systems development languages
- Knowledge of C, Python, HTML, CSS and SQL languages.
- Should be able to work in both Linux as well as Windows environments with exposure to IDE’s such as Eclipse, toolchains like GNU GCC etc.
- Experience in working with GSM/GPRS modem.
- Familiarity with various protocols such as Modbus, DLMS, COSEM, SIP protocol stacks etc.
- Hardware design experience for microcontroller based systems & its sound understanding.
- Adaptive to a technically changing environment.
- Knowledge of soldering in PCBs, installation and metering.
- Strong ability to identify and solve complex issues.
- Able to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis competently and working well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Working experience on PCB design tools (Orcad, Eagle,..)
- Hands-on experience of pcb prototyping, soldering, testing & repairing
- Experience on rapid prototyping using Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other open source and Linux based platforms
- Experience in IoT development
- Expertise in Linux operating environments preferred
- Circuits and System Design, Analysis and Simulation tools knowledge (ANSYS, Matlab, Simulink, Excel, LabView etc)
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, Solidworks, Fusion360, CATIA, ProE or other)
- Relevant project management experience
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new practices and methods
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering