Position : Lead Engineer – Mechanical Design
Qualifications: B.Tech in Mechanical engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant experience.
Higher qualifications of Post-graduation is desirable. Working experience in RADARs, Avionics and Defense systems design is desirable
Technical Skills And Competencies
- Must have strong experience in Product design and development from requirements to Conceptual design to architectural design to detailed design and analysis
- Must have strong experience in designing large electro-mechanical structures including environment protection, structural stiffness, cooling system to remove effective power dissipation of the system, manufacturability to control the cost and maintainability to enable repair
- Experience in mechanical analyses (Thermal and structural) is desirable
- Must have an experience of 3D CAD modelling CATIA V5 with good understanding of heat transfer and mechanical constraints (vibration, shocks, …)
- Must have an experience of 2D drawings for manufacturing parts, including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) based on ISO Standard.
- Should have experience in airborne environment (thermal, vibrations, “g” load, EMC)
- Should have an understanding of FEA tools (mechanical and thermal)
- Should work independently and lead a small team of mechanical design and analysis team. Shall be able to complete engineering activities within the budget and schedule with Quality.
- Should have system thinking knowledge and analyze the problems in finding the root cause and brings innovative ideas
- Should have experience of working with multi-disciplinary team (Analysis team, Electronics design and System engineering teams)
- Should have an understanding and use of DFMEA, DFT and DFM tools
- Should have experience with contents of Product Data Package (Bill of Material or Item List, Item, Documents, components, COTS, Find Number, Material & Processes Item, etc.)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology