Position : Data Analyst
- he role includes the following main duties:
- Employ statistical techniques with big data initiatives and tools to drive major operational business decisions.
- Answer complex questions through data, analysis, and clearly communicate findings to multi-functional teams for direction.
- Influence repair processes and fraud detection improvements by scripting analysis on very high volumes of data at a commodity and parametric level.
- Seek opportunities to improve data collection, reporting and consumption based on business needs.
- Regularly collaborate with internal and external information technology teams on resolving data issues, as well as mitigation plans to avoid errors in the future.
- Participate in strategic capital systems planning. Required Experience:
- Excellent analytical skills, advanced level of statistics with the ability to identify and predict trends and anomalies.
- You should have expertise, aptitude or prior background understanding complex data sets to be able to translate to: product testing, parametric big data, manufacturing, robotics and capital equipment.
- Creative and innovative ideas to select and configure appropriate technologies and programming languages required to ensure successful business impact.
- Experience in data mining very large data sets, high proficiency in SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL or other RDBMS.)
- Experience in Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark, AWS Redshift, Presto, and other distributed processing systems preferred.
- You will have superb software development skills with proficiency in Python, R and libraries such as (scikit- learn, scipy, R, NetworkX, Spacy, and NLTK).
- Data visualization experience with tools such as: Tableau, JMP, R creating dashboards and presenting data through reports.
- Proven ability to handle various tasks concurrently and in a timely manner, including large, complex projects.
- Effective presentation skills and be able to explain complex data and charts in a concise manner to large audiences.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior experience in Manufacturing, Test, and Consumer Electronics is a plus
- The Data Analyst utilizes data, infrastructure and intelligence tools to tackle interesting problems every day. You will be tasked with finding insights from data that will improve product operations, quality, and manufacturing efficiencies by understanding the variables impacting yield. You will drive strategic initiatives for better data collection and reporting, ensure data integrity across multiple data sources, and reduce analysis time through automation and creative solutions.
- You will present data to peers, managers, directors, and VPs; and highlight data patterns that could be useful for making business decisions. You will work closely with a variety of lines of business: Operations, Test Engineering, Quality, Engineering, Product Development, Customer Service, Supplier Quality, Global Supply Managers, Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers, Repair, Fraud Detection, Business Intelligence and IT teams.
- You will take data from disparate sources, apply statistical modeling, analyze and interpret its specific meaning, and clearly convey the significance of the assessment, tailored to individual teams, as well as the business as a whole.
- The position requires a software programming skill set (preferably python), utilization of statistical techniques, experience understanding data integrity, and implementing automated solutions. You will need to have a grasp of relational database management systems, design, and structured query language (SQL).
Education & Experience
- Master of Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research or related fields with 5+ years’ experience applying machine learning techniques to real business problems.