Position : Data Engineer
Who You Are (Job Responsibilities)
- Create framework for a robust, scalable, secured and compliant data lake and data warehouse on AWS Cloud
- Integrate multiple data sources into one data lake
- Leverage AWS tech stack for increased operational efficiency of AWS Data Warehouse
- Analyze existing reports and redesign processes to reduce execution times
- Work on business request to enhance data warehouse with new reports to support business in data driven decisions
Who We Are Looking For (Skill Set Required)
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Requirements gathering and design/implementation for Big Data Lake on AWS cloud
- Designing and implementing data ingestion and transformation for big data platforms
- End to end Big Data Lake /Enterprise DW / BI implementation using technologies like Glue, Redshift, S3, Lambda, etc.
- Hands on experience on query optimization in Redshift
- Working knowledge of CI/CD based deployments using bitbucket and bamboo
- Strong Object-oriented programming and design skills, precisely Scala programming with Spark
- Working knowledge on different file format such as text, csv, parquet, ORC & Avro
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at one time
- Good to Have Skills
- Exposure with Agile methodologies and ways of working
- Exposure to visualization tools like Tableau and its integration with backend databases will be an added advantage
- Awareness of government mandated compliance like GDPR
What SHL Can Offer You
- A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
The ability to engage, influence, and impact a broad array of the world’s leading executives.
Posted 11 Days Ago Full time JR001866
We understand and measure the things that make people successful at work. With 40+ years of talent expertise, cutting-edge assessment science, and more than 45 billion data points, we have an unparalleled view of the workforce. With this insight, our clients are empowered to make confident, unbiased talent decisions to drive business results. More at shl.com .
Working at SHL
Our mission is to maximize people’s potential.
At SHL, we love what we do and the good it creates for our customers and our people, it’s our obsession. Our culture is inclusive; we embrace diverse perspectives and collaboration to drive forward innovation and growth.
We build strong relationships based on honest conversations, ongoing feedback and a healthy dose of fun.
We challenge, inspire and develop each other, which empowers us to own our destiny and our careers.
We support each other – always. If this is important to you, consider a career at SHL.
Our Data Privacy Pledge ensures consistent safeguards over the personal information provided during the application process.
SHL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SHL is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by national, federal, state, or local laws. We also commit to opening all roles to our internal and external talent pools. To minimize bias in hiring decisions, we use SHL assessment tools to objectively assess each job candidate to establish their fit to the role, and our culture and values. Equal Employment Opportunity is the law in the United States ( Click here to find out more). Applicants for roles at SHL and employees of SHL are protected under National and Federal law from discrimination in all the jurisdictions where we work.
- Human Resources
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology