Ola Electric Mobility Pvt. Ltd.
Positioin : EV Powertrain Validation Engineer
Key skills required:
- Experienced in Motor and motor controller testing on bench and vehicle level.
- Experience in working and operating Chassis Dyno and Motor Dyno.
- Sound knowledge of motor parameters and its effect on the vehicle dynamics.
- Sound knowledge of working principles of different types of motors used in EV automotive (PMSM, PMAC, BLDC, Induction etc.)
- Experience in working with CAN based data systems and tracing back the CAN messages.
- Experience with custom rig building and bench level setup building for complete powertrain testing
- Experience with using Power analysers and mapping out the efficiencies and other parameters.
- Sound knowledge on powertrain cooling testing analysis.
- Familiar with IP and vibration testing.
- Knowledge of functional and durability testing of mechanical systems (bearings, gearbox stator and rotor).
- Familiar with electric vehicle power electronics architecture.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis methods and provide solutions to support design/process improvements
- Understanding of software systems/software interface testing is desirable.
Roles and responsibilities:
Manage the complete EV Powertrain validation and testing activities.
- Prepare test roadmaps, timelines, detailed test plan and status reports for component level and system level powertrain testing activities
- Support internal engineering teams on test data, reports, FMEA/DVP etc.
- Support the design team in making concept decisions based on testing.
- Lead analysis testing related to motor and motor controller (functionality, performance and safety) of the overall powertrain systems
- Hardware testing through software automation, bench testing and data logging.
- Analysis of data collected for all the DVP cases.
- Support the implementation of environmental and safety best practices.
- Understanding of various test standards and guidance towards creating new test standards.
- Help in forming DOEs and a structured approach towards testing, prioritize tests based on DFMEA/DVP, planning for execution of multiple tests in shorter timelines.
- Manage a team of test engineers/technicians. Support in establishing in house test lab/test facility.
Experience: 2 to 6 years
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology