Ola Electric Mobility Pvt. Ltd.
Position : Manager – Charger Testing
Key skills required:
- Experience in electrical functionality/performance, integration, safety and homologation testing of Charging stations/bulk chargers/portable chargers for EV battery charging
- Hands on experience on Electrical safety related tests like Insulation Resistance, Dielectric withstand, Reverse Polarity, Fault Protection, Ground bond test, etc.
- Experience with Testing agencies for EMI/EMC and HALT tests.
- Experience in Wiring harness testing and metering/energy consumption test.
- Understanding of Battery/BMS and charger testing – Power/Energy Consumption, CC-CV Transition, Charging time, Voltage/Current sensing, Thermal protection and safety testing
- Familiar with power electronics topology and mechanical, electrical, thermal and EMI EMC analysis of power converters used in charging systems.
- Familiar with IP and vibration testing.
- Knowledge of functional and durability testing of mechanical systems (charging station experience preferred).
- knowledge of Charger related testing standards (IEC 62840, IEC 61851, IS 17017, AIS etc.)
- Sound knowledge of charger and its components cooling. HVAC cooling.
- Familiar with electric vehicle power electronics architecture.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis methods and provide solutions to support design/process improvements
- Understanding of software systems/software interface testing is desirable.
Roles and responsibilities:
Manage the complete EV charger Systems validation and testing activities.
- Prepare test roadmaps, timelines, detailed test plan and status reports for component level, system level and Charger level testing activities
- Support internal engineering teams on test data, reports, FMEA/DVP etc.
- Support the design team in making concept decisions based on testing.
- Lead analysis testing related to Electrical and Electronics (functionality, performance and safety) of the overall charging systems
- Hardware testing through software automation and data logging.
- Analysis of data collected for all the DVP cases.
- Support the implementation of environmental and safety best practices.
- Understanding of various test standards and guidance towards creating new test standards.
- Help in forming DOEs and a structured approach towards testing, prioritize tests based on DFMEA/DVP, planning for execution of multiple tests in shorter timelines.
- Manage a team of test engineers/technicians.
- Support in establishing in house test lab/test facility
- Hands on tools like IR Tester, RCD tester, Leakage current meter, Power/Energy meter, HIL testing, Oscilloscope, Thermal testing, Vibration Testing, thermocouples, Pcan view, Vector CANOE/CANalyzer (added advantage)
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology