Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited (RBEI), is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global supplier of technology and services, offering end to end engineering, IT and Business solutions.
With over 18000 associates, RBEI is the largest software development center of Bosch outside Germany, indicating we are the Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India. We have a global footprint with presence in US, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. RBEI is ISO 9001:2008 certified (2012), appraised at CMMI-L5 as per version 1.3 (2011), ASPICE – level3 based on version 2.5 and ISO 15504- 5 and 7, and also ISO 27001 with seven state-of-the-art facilities spread across Bangalore and Coimbatore in India, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam and Guadalajara in Mexico, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 certified (2014).
We nurture, build and sustain enduring customer relationships to enable direct operational and strategic benefits to our customers. We make it happen through qualified, motivated and flexible professional associates, who uphold the heritage and values of Bosch – time-tested over 125 years of a successful journey; a journey marked by quality, reliability and innovation of service to enhance the interest of our customers and the community we live in.
We Provide Solutions For Businesses In Primarily Three Areas
- Engineering Services
- IT services
- Business services
Our Focal Industries
- Automotive industry
- Industrial Technology
- Consumer Goods and Building Technology.
“We see RBEI as helping us to achieve the technological lead we need to have in order to prevail in increasingly competitive world markets….. RBEI is about ensuring product excellence under conditions that allow us to maintain our global competitiveness” – Mr. Franz Fehrenbach, Chairman of the Board of Management, Robert Bosch GmbH.
As a Function Development Engineer for Engine and Vehicle control units, you will be responsible for customer requirements analysis, concept development, function and software development, tests, and validation. You ensure that the software meets/exceeds customer requirements, while considering all interactions with other subsystems. Our extensive customer portfolio includes a wide spectrum of major manufacturers and segments, from passenger cars to commercial vehicles including highly advanced technical applications.
Your Main Tasks Would Include
- System design and function development for Bosch engine and vehicle control units
- Design, plan and track software functions per customer requirements, according to Bosch software development processes and implementation standards
- Plan and coordinate all software work packages with respect to functional requirements, hardware and software resources, and development effort to ensure project timing and quality
- Work with software coding teams globally to ensure proper feature implementation
- Technical contact for customer and global software development team
- Debugging/troubleshooting, utilizing Bosch proprietary tools, customer tools, and generic tools
- Analyze test data and document results into development reports
- Verify software implementation via in-vehicle tests and HIL testing
- Occasional business travel – both domestic and international
- Developing and extending professional networks within Bosch and to external business partners
- Regular status reporting
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Engineering Degree – Automotive, Mechanical, E&E, E&C, Instrumentation Engineering
- Industry experience in vehicles and/or internal combustion engines
- Industry experience in testing and trouble-shooting
- Industry experience in applying CANalyzer, INCA, ASCET, or Matlab/Simulink to software function development and testing tasks
- Strong C programming skills
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in powertrain control systems, vehicle dynamics systems or electric systems (combination preferred)
- Experience in software development for BOSCH engine controllers
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented (drive issues resolution)
- Pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal