The Powertrain Simulation Engineer will be conducting simulation activities allowing to support the development of Garrett’s products portfolio, starting from Target Setting phase and down to Value assessment. The successful candidate will have prior experience in multiphysics system level simulation (0 and 1D) of Thermal, Electric or Hybrid Powertrains systems for Light & Commercial Vehicle and of other applications.
‘You will be:
– Accountable for conducting, documenting and reporting various simulation studies to leadership on a committed timeline
– Supporting development of cutting edge in-house simulation models, capabilities and methodologies to deliver state of the art target settings and value assessments
– Collaborating cross functionaly to ensure the numerical tool chain consistency and efficiency accross the V cycle
– Developing advanced Multi Physics sytem level models of various powertrain technologies (ICE, HEV, BEV,…) and on different domains: thermodynamic, thermal management, control, electric,..
‘You will :
– Support all Garrett Global Business Enterprises on their simulation needs
– Maintain relationship with top players in the field of expertise (universities, labs, suppliers,…) in order to anticipate trends, stay on top of industry best practices, define the best strategy for tools development and report out in internal tech road map meetings
– Works with Engineering houses (AVL, Ricardo, SWRI, …) on add hoc projects
– Participate in powertrain conferences and organizations to represent the company and follow industry trends
– Support or author technical papers and presentations
‘- Masters / Bachlors Degree in Mechanical/electrical engineering or higher with specialisation or working experience in Automotive Powertrain system simulation.
‘- At least 1 years of hands of experience in the area Automotive Powertrain system simulation development of Thermal vehicle (ICE), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (xEV) and/or Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and/or Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV).
‘- Direct experience with 0/1-D multiphysics simulation tools such as GT-SUITE, WAVE, BOOST, AMESIM, MATLAB Simulink, or equivalent
– Good understanding of powertrain architecture, sub systems, key functionnalities, high level control, thermal managment
– Good understanding on the industry challenges on ICE, HEV, BEV or FCEV in general
– Good summariring skills on project findings and reporting out to leadership
– Good interpersonal skills and Multitasking capabilities
– Team player, problem solving skills
– Additional languages (e.g Spanish, French, German) a plus