Date PostedMay 30, 2022
This role will lead Product and Energy supply side development to enable Zero Emission Vehicle scale-up across the Amazon India Transportation network.
Background: At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. In Sep ’19, Amazon took the Climate Pledge, with a net zero carbon (NZC) commitment across our businesses by 2040, ten years ahead of the 2015 Paris Agreement. A large part of this charter is converting our existing fleet to ZEVs (Electric Vehicles and Fuel cell vehicles). IN Ops operates vehicles through 3P operators who invest in these assets and associated energy infrastructure. The ZEV and allied energy space in India is in a nascent stage, and for partners to switch to new cleaner technologies, this will need focused intervention and collaboration with the OEMs, charging infrastructure developers, service network and afterlife recyclers.
The Fleet team’s mission is to provide vehicles and allied services that enable Amazon IN transport partners with solutions that improve overall efficiency and deliver better and cleaner for our customers. This role is responsible for owning product strategy for ZEVs across IN Ops. The role is responsible for evaluating both current and new ZEVs, setting up testing and evaluation processes, designing the strategy for products and partnerships around ZEVs, and establishing roadmaps with our auto OEM partners and allied energy infrastructure partners.
Key job responsibilities
• Defining, prioritizing, and planning ZEV programs/projects
• Tracking program and project execution and ensuring timely project delivery, to the appropriate levels of quality with constant effort to raise the bar and get better than the industry benchmark
• Working cross functionally with R&D, operations, and other product management functions
• Influencing internal and external stakeholders/partners, and building partnerships across a wide range of 3P partners
• Excel at navigating innovative technologies to futureproof AMZL/ATS/GSF fleet
• Create the vision and product roadmap to integrate new technologies into existing platforms
• Generating buy-in for the ZEV product vision with leadership and partner teams
A day in the life
This role will entail working extensively with internal operations stakeholders to understand the deployment use-cases, and translate requirements to OEMs and Energy solution providers.
About the team
The Fleet team’s mission is to provide vehicles and allied services that enable Amazon India transport partners with solutions that improve overall efficiency and deliver better and cleaner for our customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Extensive experience in Operations/Supply Chain/Automotive or Product Management Leadership roles
• Experience of electric vehicle development/testing
• Experience dealing and negotiating with suppliers at all levels
• Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data including Excel, or other data management system
• MBA or Masters Degree in a related field
• Experience with auto OEM or start-up/tier one supplier
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as ability to analyze quantitatively and problem-solve efficiently
• Ability to analyze significant amounts of data from disparate sources and turn that analysis into a recommendation
• Experience leading new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment. You create order, without stifling progress and adaptation