1. POSITION VACANT: Senior Research Associate, Power Utility and Electric Mobility, Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Incorporated in 2008, the Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE) is an industry led, membership based Indian non-profit organisation, that drives energy efficiency markets and policies in India.
AEEE is the only organisation in India that works on creating awareness about energy efficiency as a resource. The organization aims to transform India into a global leader in energy efficiency, by reducing the country’s energy intensity. AEEE is working towards making India a globally competitive and environmentally sustainable economy and one of the most attractive markets for companies, with the best available energy-efficient technologies. The organization also provides a convening platform for Government and Industry to engage in a constructive dialogue to design and implement effective and impactful policies.
Over the years, major foundations, as well as bilateral and multilateral agencies, have helped AEEE grow, as well as undertake projects in the area of energy efficiency policy advocacy and business enablement, with emphasis on knowledge products and the creation of more effective and credible platforms.
For more information about the organisation, please visit www.aeee.in/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
AEEE is looking for a self-motivated, positive and passionate individual for the position of Senior Research Associate for the Power Utility and Electric Mobility (PUEM) team. Reporting to Team Leader-PUEM, the incumbent will work closely with the other verticals of AEEE (Buildings and Communities, Industrial Energy Efficiency and Energy Data Analytics and State and Local Actions). This PUEM team is closely following the developments in the power utility and electric mobility space in India and undertakes research with unique value proposition to support India’s energy transition.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience/ understanding of Electric Mobility, Demand Side Management, Smart Grid or Power Sector policies and regulations. Candidates with experience in inter-linked domains are also encouraged to apply. The candidate must have a growth and problem-solving mindset and willingness to work in a team.
(1) Support the Power Utilities and eMobility research activities focused on advocating Energy Efficiency as a Resource by seeking synergy with Distributed Energy Resources, Smart Grid Technologies, Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, Smart Energy Meters, Energy Storage, Demand Side Management and Demand Response;
(2) Manage the day to day project activities including, assigning work to RAs/ Consultants, coordinating and reviewing the work from project partners and providing guidance to the team;
(3) Contribute to developing proposals and concept notes for undertaking meaningful research in electric mobility and power sector aligned with AEEE strategy;
(4) Effectively execute the assigned projects ensuring quality and timeliness, and coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders;
(5) Mentor and guide the research and analysis undertaken junior colleagues at AEEE, and contribute to the development of team strategy;
(6) Represent AEEE in external events as a recognized as a credible and trusted professional and contribute to discussions on policy and regulation related to Smart Grid, Utility Demand Side Management (DSM), Grid Energy Storage, Electric Mobility and Power Sector at large;
(7) Review, analyze and draft policy, regulatory and scheme documents related to power sector and electric mobility with particular focus on advancing energy efficiency as a “resource”;
(8) Build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders including policymakers, public agencies, businesses, subject-matter experts, funding agencies, academia, and like-minded organizations;
(9) Contribute to outreach activities such as preparing discussion papers, brochures, writing online posts, etc. and actively supporting in organizing roundtables, workshops and other types of events;
(10) Publish and present research findings and knowledge content in the form of reports, articles, policy briefs and peer reviewed papers;
(11) Raise AEEE’s profile and influence by amplifying the impact of AEEE’s work for external stakeholders through AEEE’s communication channels, articles in news media and industry.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must have under-graduation and Post-graduation in Electrical Engineering, Energy and allied fields from reputed institutions in India or overseas.
(1) Minimum four years of experience in the field of electric mobility/ power/ energy efficiency/ renewable energy in research or consulting domain. Applicants should have preferably executed atleast one project in electric mobility;
(2) Experience in electric vehicle charging and vehicle to grid integration; experience in electric bus charging shall be an advantage;
(3) Expert knowledge in power sector and electric mobility policies and regulations in India
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Expert knowledge in power sector and electric mobility policies and regulations in India;
(2) Proven analytical and qualitative research abilities with excellent written and verbal communications, knowledge of any other regional languages is a plus;
(3) Experience working with data analysis and optimization with software tools such as R, Python, GAMS is a plus;
(4) Self-directed and able to work upon minimal supervision;
(5) Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: SRA-PUEM-AEEE
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently apply to https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/AEEE, by or before February 18, 2021.