Vehicle Engineer – EV
Zen Mobility is an early-stage automotive OEM. We design, engineer and manufacture customised Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs) in 3-Wheeler and 4-Wheeler segment, built with and for our customers, in order to maximize efficiency and reduce carbon footprint. Our aim is to create transformative change in the goods mobility segment by providing responsible New Mobility solutions for the need of the society. Backed by the NTF group, a leader in plastic-composite manufacturing, Zen Mobility was founded in 2018-19 and is geared up for bringing out its first product into the market in 2023 (www.zenmobility.com).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for conceptualising and managing vehicle engineering & development for Zen Mobility in coordination with the CFT. This individual will also work closely with design, manufacturing, production teams and suppliers for delivering successful products. Should be a team player, and a self-starter with a “can-do”. Previous experience of working with EV/ Auto OEM will be an added advantage.
· Gurgaon (Work from Office)
· Complete Product Development of Electric Vehicles including mechanical, electrical and other areas.
· Work with Cross functional teams including Production, Testing, Quality, Manufacturing etc. on development of the product.
· Coordinate, perform, and document engineering reports.
· Monitor proto, pilot, and early production builds.
· Develop DFMEA aligned with DVPs for the structural part.
· Perform engineering analysis on all NPDs and existing product line up
· Maintain close interaction with external stakeholders such as vendors for material and part development.
· Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of mechanical tooling, fixtures, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle.
· Making Reports such as DFM Report, Part inspection report, Risk Assessments & Root cause analysis.
· Technically execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers, devise mechanical and electrical product specifications.
· A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/automobile with work experience of 2-5 years in auto-industry.
· OEM/ EV industry background is preferred but not mandatory.
· Should have practical knowledge of manufacturing processes.
· Knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance and Fit analysis.
· Knowledge of Engineering Materials and their applications.
· Should have knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
· Understanding of the interaction of structures with other integration parts of a Vehicle
· Should be a team player.
· Should enjoy problem-solving and working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
· Effective communication skills – both verbal and written.
· Ability to multi-task.