About the job
We are Tata Technologies Limited is a company in the Tata Group that provides services in engineering and design, product lifecycle management, manufacturing, product development, and IT service management to automotive and aerospace original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. It is a subsidiary of Tata Motors. The company is active in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia Pacific region. We use our deep manufacturing knowledge and expertise in turnkey product development to help our customers develop products that are safe, sustainable, and deliver great customer experience.
As a 3-in-1 Lead Engineer you will responsible for design, product development, Test & validation requirements at both component and vehicle level for different markets and verify them. You will provide technical expertise in HV Battery and Powertrain.
Area of Responsibility
• You will lead power electronics and charging delivery within ePowertrain team / Electrical System Integration projects within the Electrical Engineering (EE) Department.
• You will manage technical deliverables, planning, reporting on progress and providing expert knowledge in the area of EV Charging. Ensuring on time delivery and working to the highest standards possible. This will involve working across technical specialisms, adopting new processes and acting as the main point of contact for your specialist area. Technical ownership is expected for the following regions
o HV Distribution systems and LV power management
o EV Charging Systems and Energy Conversion
o ISO15118 and other relevant charging standards
o ISO26262 processes
• Responsible Engineering deliverables for the commodity development including:
o Design reviews,
o Requirements definition/management
o Generate test plans and supplier test plan reviews for Power electronics and Charging
o Involvement in systems FMEA’s and management of supplier DFMEA
o System and component feature and SW implementation planning
o Develop the System Design Specifications & the Statements of Work for all projects within portfolio.
o Validate that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
o Ensure all requirements are captured and monitored against test results.
• You will be required to support and monitor integration of the commodity into the wider vehicle system and assist in firefighting, ensuring lessons learned are captured in component/system requirements.
• Assess system HV strategies, develop and propose improvements to vehicle and component level strategies, propose validation and gain buy-in from stakeholders.
• You will lead the technical discussions to deliver robust fault free designs through the application of Concurrent Engineering disciplines including DFMEA, DFA, DFM, Campaign Prevention Process, Robustness, etc.
• Agree and sign off the component/system requirements with different stakeholders for each domain.
• Involvement during vehicle system architecture and strategy discussions to meet vehicle requirements and ensure all functional safety requirements are captured.