NI (National Instruments)
Position : Senior Engineer / Principal Engineer – Wireless Communications Baseband Algorithm Engineer
- Independently research and quickly prototype algorithms in the RF wireless domain
- Use DSP and communication system design concepts to design and develop algorithms
- In DSP, the algorithms could use sampling, aliasing prevention, image rejection, interpolation, decimation, FFTs, digital filter design, understanding ADCs and DACs, frequency translation, emulation of swept-tuned spectrum analyzers
- In communication systems, the algorithms could use modulation and demodulation, constellations, Nyquist criterion for ISI prevention, synchronization, equalization, error control coding, estimation
- In hardware, the candidate could need to use and understand basic functionality of power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, upconverters, down converters, ADCs and DACs, EVM, ACLR and SEM measurements
- After research and prototyping, work on the detailed design, implementation.
- Design the API to use the algorithms.
- Write use case based examples
- Perform unit testing, integration testing and testing with RF and wireless instruments.
- Fix issues found in testing, benchmark with competitive products, optimize and enhance the product.
- Spend a percentage of time in supporting customer issues pertaining to the product that you have worked on and that has been released to the customers.
- When needed should be able to interface with the customer and understand customer requests. If needed should be willing to travel to a customer location for a short duration.
- Participate in design and code review with rest of the team
- Create technical content required for the documentation related to the product.
- Participate in the recruitment efforts for the RF team.
India – R&D Bangalore
Jun 12, 2020, 12:33:46 PM
- Experience with software development/testing in RF Communication domain; additional experience in using NI products like LabVIEW.
- Strong expertise in RF Communication domain.
- Masters from a top engineering school in Electrical Engineering, Telecom, Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent.
- Software Development skills: thorough understanding of computers and high-level programming languages; proficiency in a programming language like LabVIEW.
- Should be self motivated and have passion for working for product based and technically intensive.
- Taking initiative, being a self-starter, and working independently
- Working effectively in a group development environment
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
Engineering Information Technology
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing Computer Software