Position : Senior software test engineer
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
- Test and validate developed firmware with pump control system
- Work closely with firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and end-to-end development
- Work closely with the Sweden Transport M&C and ITC engineering team to meet project goals and deadlines
- Test all aspects of system including hardware and user interface behaviors
- Set up and manage test environments
- Document and maintain system test specification and other related documents
- Interact with Product management, customers, marketing & sales in providing technical guidance on products developed
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
Part 2 Describe the Person
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- Engineering Degree in Electronics, Instrumentation & Control Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in embedded system verification or related fields
Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Expertise in Test automation frameworks like selenium
- Hands on experience with Python or Java script
- Good to have experience on embedded systems with tools like of LabView, Raspberry PI, MOXA etc.
- Good to have Knowledge of industrial protocols such as Modbus, DNP3 and OPC-UA.
- Knowledge of any other standard test frameworks is added advantage
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, exploratory and user interface testing.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools like: TeamCity, Jenkins
- Working experience in Agile or scrum based methodologies and other tools like JIRA, BitBucket, and Confluence.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative and have demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
Other: Comment on items not included above.
Skills and Abilities
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable with customers and a customer advocate
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Fluency in English language is must
Stamina and Adaptability
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Extensive lab testing, moving small equipment
- Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
- Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards (moving machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal, sparks)
- Occasional travel, both domestic and international
Manager – India Technology Centre
Xylem – India Technology Center
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
- Quality Assurance