Position : Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience, including technical management of software developers and system administrators/architects.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
- 12 years of relevant hands-on technical management experience of software developers and systems administrators/architects.
- 5 years of experience in leading highly-complex, technically-challenging, cross-functional software oriented projects from inception to delivery.
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability, or testability
- Experience providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Experience defining team strategy and roadmap for the adoption of developer tools and test infrastructure for one or more products.
- Excellent C++, Java and/or Python skills.
About the job
Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Engage and manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Have technical ownership of the product.
- Information Services
- Information Technology