Position : Senior Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineering
- Solidworks experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Deep understanding of material knowledge
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Proven ability in plastic and metal part design
- Experience in working with overseas manufacturers
- Flexibility and comfort in working in a dynamic changing environment
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing
- Self-motivated and willing to take challenges in new technology development
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Committed to work under high time/deliverable pressure with solid results
- Ownership/Leadership mindset
- Good at identifying risk and developing solid plans to mitigate
- Ability to create and deliver presentations for executive audiences Positive attitude facing complex situations to reach constructive win-win solution
- Description follow departmental processes for mechanical design and validation
- Drive and track closure on any issues that impact overall product readiness
- Responsible for carrying out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, creating 2D drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials and design verification testing, as required.
- Responsible for meeting design to cost figures.
- Responsible for reporting progress of all tasks within the group to the functional manager and project management teams.
- Responsible for creating technical reports and documentation as required.
- Responsible for checking and validating designs and drawings from peer Mechanical Engineers within the team.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Upthere™, and WD® brands
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Engineering Information Technology
Computer Hardware Consumer Electronics Semiconductors