Position : Senior Hardware Board Design Engineer
-We are looking for a high energy, driven person with strong work ethic and integrity to join us as Senior Hardware Board Design Engineer. Senior Design Engineering position in the fast-paced Emerging Memory Group at Micron.
-You will be a core senior technical individual contributor in the architecture, design, bring up,
-validation and release to manufacturing of systems based on new memory technologies,
-ASICs, FPGAs, digital, mix-signal, analog circuitry and power supplies.
-You will need to have solid knowledge and extensive experience developing systems based on the above-mentioned technologies as well as high speed transmission line theory and application, mechanical design and thermal design and characterization.
-The position will require hands on system bring-up, characterization and debugging as well as knowledge of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic and protocol analyzers.
-This is a highly visible and challenging role and you will be working very closely with other development groups such as software, firmware, Media, and ASIC.
- Architect, design, bring up, test, validate and release to manufacturing complex electronic systems and modules based on product marketing requirements and on new memory technologies, ASICs, FPGAs, digital, mix-signal, analog circuitry and power supplies.
- Architect and design such electronics systems and modules by following best practices for signal and power integrity as well as mechanical and thermal design and implementation.
- Define and implement test and validation plans including thorough design reviews of all major sub-assemblies to guarantee only one prototype leading to the final system/module revision, and MTBF prediction, FMEA, component derating, margin test, etc. to guarantee highest quality and reliability.
- Oversee the placement, layout and fabrication of the systems and modules.
- Support product certification activities, NPI, production and manufacturing, including product transfer form Engineering to manufacturing and materials procurement.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the way we operate and work and help implement them with management support leading to a more efficient, agile and higher quality product development process.
- Proven forward-thinking person with the ability to inspire change and to influence and build consensus with highly technical teams and senior leadership
- Demonstrate teamwork, self-development, drive for results, integrity and trust
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Required Technical Skills
Proficiency in CAD tools such as Cadence HDL, Or CAD CIS, Allegro PCB, and SolidWorks.
Knowledge and/or experience of storage and memory sub-systems, including PCIe , NVMe, CXL and DDR technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Equivalent experience in engineering or related field of study will be considered
- Solid experience ( 5 years) in the Storage Industry architecting, developing and shipping to customers memory and storage solutions and products.
- Computer Hardware
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing