River is an electric vehicle startup building multi-utility scooters. The company builds products ground up with a strong focus on design and engineering. Currently, the company is in the product development stage with prototypes being tested on the road. River is backed by marquee international investors – Lowcarbon Capital, Toyota Ventures, Israel based Maniv mobility and US based Trucks VC. These are mobility focused funds backed by some of the big names in the automotive industry. River is founded by experienced automotive professionals and is a fast growing company with a team of 200+ people.
Website : https://www.rideriver.com/
Location : Whitefield Bangalore(On-site)
The opportunity –
We are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to produce sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services. You will get the right product, in the right place, time, quantity and price. As a product/Merchandiser, you will explore and define the merchandise and lifestyle accessory design along with an enthusiastic team. Bring your open mind and crazy ideas to challenging briefs. Design for the technology and human behaviors that make the whole design part of a branded experience.
• Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives.
• TnA planning according to the season.
• Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock.
• Collaborate with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time-scales.
• Maximize customer interest levels by displaying products appropriately.
• Produce layout plans for stores and maintain store shelves and inventory.
• Forecast profits/sales and plan budgets
• Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs etc.
• Build constructive vendor/manufacturer relationships and team to build brand and close deals
• Remain up to date with industry’s best practices
• Bring your ideas and storytelling to conceive a merchandise line-up to establish a fashion statement with a unique experience.
• Good eye for color, texture, fabric, and patterns.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Interest in fashion and an understanding of trends and materials.
• Create teck packs and bridge the gap with design team and manufacturing units.
• Sourcing of fabrics, Materials, Accessories etc
• Understanding and experience in using different textile processes and techniques.
• Identify and build relations with external design partners and suppliers.
• Work with supplier partners in the development & testing of Samples.
• Costing and price negotiations.
Education and Experience –
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Product/Lifestyle accessory/Fashion design or any relevant stream of Merchandising.
• 5 Plus years of experience in merchandise or textile/fashion merchandising background.
• Proven working experience in merchandising
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
• Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers
• BS degree in Marketing or related field